Wed-inspirations

Monday, February 23, 2009

While I haven't truly dived into the planning of my own wedding, I'm still having a great deal of fun seeing the types of wedding schemes and themes that other couples have created to fit their personal styles. In particular, I've found Southern Weddings Daily Blog, the blog of Southern Weddings Magazine, to be a really fun site to peruse because of the variety, creativity and detail that so many have couples have put into their celebrations. I would recommend it for anyone recently engaged as a fun and inspiring site to make you think outside the box in planning for your own wedding. 

So far, a couple of my favorite wedding posts have been Erin & George's beautiful blue and bleached sand wedding. I love Erin's lacey halter mermaid dress, her overflowing bouquet and the Carolina blue bridesmaid dresses with the natural wood-colored umbrellas as a fun accessory. Check out the part II post for pictures of their over-the-top reception! 

The blue and wood tones color scheme of Erin and George's wedding 
mirror the colors of the sand and the sea. 
Photo Source: Southern Weddings

Erin was talked into trying this knockout dress on by a saleswoman. 
This comes as a reminder not to judge a dress solely by its 
appearance on the hanger.
Photo Source: Southern Weddings

Another SW favorite of mine? Karen & Russ's Wedding. The style of this couple's island-kissed wedding is romantic and glam. The petal-strewn aisle is simply dreamy, especially against the backdrop of the ocean and the palm trees dancing in the breeze. I also love the fact that the bouquets that her sisters and junior bridesmaids carried were actually nautilus shells filled with gardenias, roses and a lady slipper orchid. This ocean-inspired touch was anything but cliche, and the sand-colored bridesmaids dresses appeared elegant. Note the beautiful antique French chandelier hanging from the tent in the picture of Karen and her bridesmaids.

This romantic beach wedding is full of beautiful, personalized touches 
like the seashell bouquets pictured to the right.
Photo Source: Southern Weddings

4 comments:

Sam_I_am said...

Ah, enjoy wedding planning, but don't let the stress get to you, or you'll be sitting in the corner rocking back and forth... not that I'd know or anything ;-)

tati said...

I really wish I knew where that beach wedding was.I'm planning one now, and this is beautiful!

Shannon said...

Both of the beach weddings from this post were held in California. The first was in Monterey, California at Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa, and the latter was in San Diego at Hotel del Coronado. It's enough to make an east coast gal like myself want to pack my bags and move west!

Pertobello said...

those blue dresses are sooooo pretty!! I picked that color for my bridesmaids for my wedding this december, and those pics got me SO excited about the colors! thanks :) and the photography is lovely :)

 
Shananigans - by Templates para novo blogger